Tuesday, March 23, 2010

whilst striving for Etsy success....

I recently got my new camera! YAY ME!
Thanks to my boyfriends Father and Step Mom and a little extra help from Will himself to pay for a safety case and shipping!
I absolutely love the camera. I was thinking of going for a bright color but settled on black because black never gets old and they didn't have my favorite color. (Yellow :P)
So with my new camera I'm able to list my work on Etsy again! I got 6 new items up for the first time since September! Yes I know, I was in a 6 month slump but I'm out of that slump and I'm excited to make new items and post them whenever I want now that I can!

~ Currently I'm making a custom Mothers Day bracelet for CrikkiCrafts!
You can find a link to her shop here ----> www.crikkicrafts.etsy.com
Nikki does ALL sorts of things, from business cards to t-shirts to address labels and even blanket supplies! All for reasonable prices! She is such a doll and very easy and fun to work with!
I must have spent 3 hours online having a blast with her yesterday!
But don't get me wrong. She's 23 with a husband and 2 kids who keep her busy too, all while battling Cervical Cancer since the young age of 14.
Not only does the money you spend in her shop help her out but half of her earnings get donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Talk about inspiration!

My whole point to this post was, that in the middle of trying to establish myself as a jeweler on Etsy, I have met some amazing people with some great stories that inspire you to cherish what you have and keep striving for your dreams!
It makes being a part of Etsy so beautiful. I love supporting the hand-made. It's just like mom and pop shops. You know these people PERSONALLY! You know where your hard earned cash is going.

Etsy Chat is one of my favorite things to do. It's where I meet people like Nikki. It's where I trade and sell goods and services, and it's right where I want to be!

I'm definitely going to try to keep up with this blog more often, so I can feature more of my favorite sellers!
I PROMISE.

~VictoriaLinsey

No comments:

Post a Comment